This is a poem I made up. I haven’t done poetry for a while, but this one just came to me so I figured I had to write it down. WordPress is being stupid and not allowing me to tab so that is why the bullet marks are in there so that I can indent, so just imagine that you are reading the poem without them in there.
As an Author…
I survey the scenes our senses savor
- Causing us to sniff and salivate
I am trained to paint pictures
- Not tell tedious tales
I create charismatic characters
- But only by observing others
I notice the nuances that make you, you
- And make them, them
I might obfuscate observations
- Or, I may dissect definite details
I can orchestrate the Swan Song
- And may compose a crescendo
- As captivating as Casanova’s charisma
- Or as drawl and dilapidated as death
But, for it to be anything at all
- Ostentatious or otherwise
I need sky-shattering support
- For I am an undiscovered underdog without it.
Thanks for reading! I hope you find it enjoyable and relatable (especially if you’re an author).